The right method for each problem
I have a toolbox full of methods, which I have been enriching since 2007 with numerous further trainings. The particularity of my approach is to combine coaching, therapy and seminars methods to help you solve blockages and find good solutions.
Methods are only good if they are combined with a good dose of empathy and intuition. I work intuitively and feel in the moment what could help you, keeping in mind the goal of the psychotherapy or coaching.
Qualifications and further education
- Non-medical practitioner for psychotherapy (Heilpraktikerin für Psychotherapie)
- NLP Master Practitioner (Neurolinguistic Programming)
- System coach (family and organization constellations)
- Trauma therapy:
- EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing)
- PITT (Psychodynamic Imaginative Trauma Therapy)
- ImTT (Image Transformation Therapy)
- Grief counseling
- Trauma and dissociation
- Couples therapy
- Regression therapy
- MET (Meridian Energy Therapy / Tapping Therapy)
- Certified DVCT Trainer (German Association for Coaching and Training)
- Training as a behavioral and communication facilitator (Train-The-Trainer)
NLP & Transactional Analysis
- Improving communication
- Developing a positive attitude
- Strengthening self-confidence
EMDR AND TRAUMA THERAPY
- Overcoming a trauma
- Finding emotional stability and inner security
- Regain control of your life
SYSTEMIC FAMILY CONSTELLATIONS
- Better understand the dynamics of relationships within a family or an organization
- Free yourself from the load of the past
- Test ideas for solution
You can download my PDF brochure (in German) here
Neurolinguistic Programming (NLP)
NLP was developed in the 1970s in the United States and uses elements of family therapy, hypnosis and Gestalt therapy. It is a set of methods for personal development and improved communication. NLP offers different techniques to develop a positive attitude and new habits. These methods also help to strengthen self-confidence, assert oneself and achieve one’s goals.
Transactional Analysis (TA)
Transactional analysis (TA) is a theory developed in the United States in the mid-20th century. It analyzes the structure of our personality and our transactions (relationships) with others.
This theory highlights 3 facets of our personality: the child, the parent and the adult. These three “ego states” show up depending on the circumstances, affecting therefore our communication. Transactional Analysis also describes various roles that we repeatedly take on in our relationships. These roles include “the victim”, “the persecutor” and “the rescuer”.
The objective is to identify these different ego states and our different roles in order to better understand oneself and improve the communication with others.
EMDR and trauma therapy
EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) is a method for treating psychological trauma. The method was developed by Dr. Francine Shapiro after 1987 and uses the effects of bilateral stimulation to reduce post-traumatic stress. It was initially used with good results with patients such as war veterans and victims of sexual violence suffering from PTSD (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder).
EMDR helps not only with trauma, but also with anxiety, grief, pain, compulsions, addictions, lack of self-confidence and many other disorders. This method is internationally recognized for its effectiveness.
How does EMDR work?
During an EMDR processing, I ask you to remember the situation that is causing you pain. At the same time, I make sets of bilateral stimulation, either with eye movements or taps. Concretly, this means that you follow with your eyes the movement of my fingers from left to right, etc. Or I lightly tap your right and left knee alternately.
During the bilateral stimulation, a global processing of the trauma through both hemispheres of the brain becomes possible. Images, feelings and body sensations that were blocked and fragmented in the “traumatic memory” can be transferred to the long-term memory.
Your brain makes new associations, puts some distance to the traumatic events and reframes them. This can help to transform limiting beliefs and to diminish stress, suffering and anxiety. Step by step the traumatic events start to be a part of your past.
Systemic family constellations
Systemic constellations help to get more clarity by bringing to light the relational dynamics within the family or work environment. In a systemic family constellation, the inner image of the family is revealed with the help of representatives. Concretely, this means that you choose representatives from the seminar participants for the most important members of your family (father, mother, siblings, etc.). They express the thoughts and emotions of the people they represent.
This gives you a new perspective on your family situation and helps you understand the roots of the problem. This works in the same way with organizational constellations, in which a team or department can be represented.
In my practice, I offer family or organizational constellations several times a year in seminars with about ten participants. It is also possible to do small constellations during an individual session.
A constellation allows you to:
- visualize the relationships within your family or your company
- understand the reasons for dysfunctions and blockages
- free yourself from these blockages and family burdens
- break the transgenerational transmission of family problems
- test ideas for solutions
The stars of happiness are within us
– Heinrich Heine –
What my clients say
More well-being with coaching and therapy
I have been seeking support from Prisca for over a year now, covering both professional as well as private issues through coaching and therapy. I can highly recommend Prisca as a coach and a therapist. She has an impressive toolkit of a number of methods at her disposal, and a good sense of which method is best suited to deal with the respective issue. Moreover, she has a friendly and positive attitude that keeps me comfortable even when dealing with emotionally demanding issues.
Overall, working with Prisca has added considerably to my mental health and well-being.
Intuitive approach and purposefulness
I like Prisca Engeler’s support as a coach on a wide variety of personal issues. I particularly appreciate
1) her intuitive approach, which adapts very flexibly to me and my inner resistance,
2) the right balance between giving impulses and letting them work in me, so that I can find my own visions and solutions with her support…
3) her purposefulness, besides all flexibility, which does not lose sight of the goal worked out at the beginning until the end, and thus makes it very easy for me to orientate myself in the process and to finally clarify my issues.
So: If you want to make progress with your personal issues, I can highly recommend Prisca Engeler!
Coach & therapist
Practice for Coaching and Psychotherapy
Schillerstraße 30, 4th floor
60313 Frankfurt on the Main
Tel.: +49 69 45 000 997